The Benton-Franklin Rental Owners Association (BROA), an incorporated
non-profit organization, primarily represents members from Richland,
Kennewick and Pasco (commonly called the Tri-Cities) although there are
members from several of the surrounding communities, and out-of-state and
country, such as Benton City, Prosser, Grandview and Connell. In addition, there
are members from California, Canada, etc. who have moved from the
Tri-Cities, still own rentals here, and want to keep in touch with what is
happening in the local rental industry.
The organization was formed in 1962 by a group of concerned residential rental
property owners. It was founded for the purpose of serving the interests and
welfare of its members who are owners and operators of rental housing
properties. The association seeks to protect private property rights from the
inroads of government controls, and to advise and disseminate information to
its members relative to the more economical operation and maintenance of
their rental properties.
Today, more than 50 years later, there are 250 - 325 members, representing
several thousand units in the Tri-Cities and outlying areas, and over 25
commercial members. With membership in BROA, there are many benefits as
outlined below. However, the primary ones include education, rental forms, and
Calendar For Upcoming Events
September 10 Board Meeting
September 13 General Membership Mtg
September 19 Forms Orientation
October 8 Board Meeting
October 18 General Membership Mtg
October 20 WLA Fall Conference &
Vendor Fair— La Quinta Inn Tacoma
December 14 TRENDS Trade Show—
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
1. MONTHLY MEETINGS - Held the 3rd Thursday of each month,with
informative programs, authoritative speakers, questions and answer
periods, and a chance to meet your fellow members in the Association.
2. MONTHLY NEWSLETTER - This publication includes timely articles of
general interest written by authorities in our industry.
3. OFFICE - Centrally located in the Tri-City area, 1920 N. Pittsburgh,
Suite C ~ Richland, WA. Telephone 783-1800. Forms and Commercial
material available. Call or come by and see us. Hours 9 - 5 M-F.
4. SEMINARS - Subjects regarding financial analysis, investments,
economics, etc. given by professionals and offered at nominal cost to
5. EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS - Through education and high ethical
standards, BROA is pledged to raise the professional standards and
increase the efficiency of residential rental property operation in the
6. INFORMATION PANEL - A group of volunteers capable of answering
many of your landlord - tenant questions. Legal consultation available,
through panel members, from Association recommended attorneys.
7. RENTAL FORMS - Available at our office at nominal cost to you to
protect your legal rights and updated as needed. Also available on our
website (password protected for our members only).
8. MONITORING - of City Council meetings for issues affecting the rental
9. COMMERCIAL ADVERTISERS - Offering you a selection of services
and retail products, sometimes at a discount.
10. TWELVE OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS - Donating their time and
talent to be of service to you.
11. LEGISLATIVE REPRESENTATION - Your interests are served on vital
issues by our State Legislative Lobbyist. The need for representation in
the Legislature on laws affecting the rental industry is a constant
concern of our Association.
12. WASHINGTON LANDLORD ASSOCIATION (WLA) - Our State
Association comprises local rental property groups in the State of
Washington all united in their goal of preserving the free enterprise
system, and protecting the owner of rental income property.
13. TENANT SCREENING - BROA commercial members who do tenant
14. UNITED VOICE - There is strength in unity. No property owner too
small, no owner too large. It is an organization that unites the
Washington Apartment Industry.