Benton-Franklin Rental Owners Association
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
1. MONTHLY MEETINGS - Held the 3rd Thursday of each month,with informative
programs, authoritative speakers, questions and answer periods, and a chance to meet
your fellow members in the Association.
2. 11 MONTHLY NEWSLETTERS - This publication includes timely articles of general
interest written by authorities in our industry.
3. OFFICE - Centrally located in the Tri-City area, 1920 N. Pittsburgh, Suite C ~
Richland, WA. Telephone 783-1800. Forms and Commercial material available. Call or
come by and see us. Hours 9 - 5 M-F.
4. SEMINARS - Subjects regarding financial analysis, investments, economics, etc., given
by professionals and offered at no cost to you.
5. EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS - Through education and high ethical standards,
BROA is pledged to raise the professional standards and increase the efficiency of
residential rental property operation in the Benton-Franklin area.
6. INFORMATION PANEL - A group of volunteers capable of answering many of your
landlord - tenant questions. In addition, legal consultation is available from Association
recommended attorneys (see inside front cover of the newsletter). A "Grasshopper" call
system is used where a group of knowledgeable landlords are available to answer
questions 8-5 weekdays
7. RENTAL FORMS - Available at our office at nominal cost to you to protect your legal
rights and updated as needed. Many of those forms are in duplicate or triplicate on NCR
forms as required. All of them are also available on our website (password protected for
our members only) but, of course, are printed by the user in single copies only.
8. MONITORING - of City Council meetings for issues affecting the rental industry.
9. COMMERCIAL ADVERTISERS - Offering you a selection of services and retail
products, sometimes at a discount.
10. TWELVE OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS - Donating their time and talent to be of
service to you.
11. LEGISLATIVE REPRESENTATION - Your interests are served on vital issues by
our State Legislative Lobbyist. The need for representation in the Legislature on laws
affecting the rental industry is a constant concern of our Association.
12. WASHINGTON LANDLORD ASSOCIATION (WLA) - Our State Association
comprises local rental property groups in the State of Washington (except Seattle), all
united in their goal of preserving the free enterprise system, and protecting the owner of
rental income property.
13. TENANT SCREENING - An outstanding commercial and BROA member who does
14. UNITED VOICE - There is strength in unity. No property owner too small, no owner
too large. It is an organization that helps unite the Washington apartment industry.